Tel Aviv offers a huge variety of many diverse cultural events. From formal theatres to indie establishments, classical music and rock concerts, older artists and starving newcomers – Tel Aviv has a place for everyone.
Theatres in Tel Aviv
– Habima National Theatre, The Cameri and Beit Lessin Theatre all have plays and shows with the best performers in Israel. The Gesher Theatre in Jaffa and the Tmuna offer an alternative experience, Gesher being the more formal establishment and Tmuna the indie place.
Music in Tel Aviv
– the Israel Chamber Music Orchestra has many classical concerts. The Zappa club at Ramat Hahayal has electronic music, rock. Pop and reggae concerts. The Barbie club is an alternative spot that offers a stage to young struggling artists.
Dance in Tel Aviv
– the Suzanne Dellal center is the home of the world-renown Bat Sheva dance group and dance ensemble. The center gives a stage to both old and new performers. The Mayumana house in Jaffa has a rhythmic show with coordinated dance, music and theatrical scenes. The same place offers the Adraba show for kids and the original Bejuntos show with musician David Broza.
Painting and sculpturing in Tel Aviv
– the Tel Aviv Art Museum has exhibitions of artists from Israel and abroad. The Nahum Guttman House shows the works of the artist that relate to the beginning of the city. The Office in Tel Aviv and many other galleries give a voice to both old and new artists.
Other cultural centers in Tel Aviv
– Tzavta and the Mann Auditorium host shows, indie performances, musical acts, entertainment and standup shows. The Camel Comedy Club is a place for beginning standup comedians and the ZOA emphasizes standup but has other shows as wel